Saturday, March 18, 2006

Google Earth

I like Google Earth. I like it to such an extent that I spend hours every day looking at it. All of this, though, has to be done at work because my poor old laptop is so old that its graphics cards won't support the soft wear.
What dismays me about it are some of the "placemarks" put on by members. Many of the placemarks are inaccurate to say the least, but most are just plain annoying.
Lots of them relate to aircraft in flight. What is the fascination with seeing a plane, flying? I look out of my livingroom window I can always see at least four. Real, live big, filled with people planes. What in the name of God is so interesting about seeing a pic of one?
Many of the placemarks have been put on "en mass" by some well meaning sad bugger with a view to up-dating them at a later date. Problem being, they never get around to up-dating them. So, not only are they often in the wrong place, they are meaningless too.
Well, that's that rant out of the way, what next......?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home