Saturday, May 06, 2006

I knew it, I knew it. Just because I read the Daily Mail, I'm taking "stick". For those of you from the former colonies, the Daily Mail is the paper for the wives of the "establishment". That means that it is a more or less staunch tory newspaper.
Although I do like it as a newspaper, over the past three or four years, it's gone a bit "tabloid". By that I mean sensationalism and obsessed with the cult of celebrity.
Now, one of the few reasons that I still buy it is the Answers to correspondents. Its a handful of questions sent in by readers and then a few days later other readers write in with the answers.
Being a trivia hound, I love anything like that. If they ever stop printing it, I'll stop buying it.

3 Comments:

Blogger coolbuddha said...

I read it too. Even if my fingers smell a bit funny afterwards.

6:57 PM  
Blogger ems said...

The Daily Hell? Leave that to my parents!

7:01 PM  
Blogger The Fatalist said...

It's a bloody awful paper, but when I buy it (for the free DVDs/CDs) I too love that answers column. Does that mean we are as sad as each other? ;-)

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home