Thursday, April 20, 2006

Americanisms

I'm not a big fan of the EEC, or whatever it calls itself this week. I must admit though, that I do like Americans. I like the place too. Pity then that it's run by a fukin nut case, but then again, look at our government! I'm one of the few who believe that instead of aligning ourselves with the horse eating surrender merchants across the water, we should have thrown in our lot with the Spams and become their 51st state [should they have been daft enough to want us. Well, lets face it, our european "partners" didn't, and still don't, want us].
Love or loath this idea, we are slowly but surely becoming american [with a small "A"]. The latest assault is on our breakfast cereal. "New Quaker Oat Granola" sings the advert. Granola? the American way of saying crushed, processed, glued together oat bits left over from making something else.
How long will it be before McDogs start selling McGranola healthy breakfast- an oxymoron if ever there was! Or Starbucks start serving Super skinny latte fukkercinno with granola sprinkle?
Well, with that petty little thing off of my chest I'll bid you all goodnight .......john-boy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott E D said...

Before you enter the Union we will need you to take this English proficiency exam.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Oddly enough, I had granola this morning.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i like your blog

12:30 PM  
Blogger The Fatalist said...

I've never been to America, so I'll plead the fifth on this one.
(Or whatever number it is when they don't want to incriminate themselves on all their cop shows)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home