Thursday, April 27, 2006

A cure for "Madness"

I'm not much of a one for parties. I don't mind a drink [!] but parties whose invite includes such temptations such as "oooh [insert name here] is going. You'll love him / her, he's / she's mad, absolutely mad!" This general means that the person involved will be the dullest, most puerile cunt you've ever met.
I was at such a party on Tuesday. Had I known that Colin was going to be there or, known in advance what Colin was going to be like, I would have stayed at home.
The likes of Colin don't bother me too much. I have the perfect cure for their ilk. It's called Peter.
Let me explain. Peter is actual spelled PITA and stands for Pain In The Arse. Here's how it works.
Upon being introduced to the "mad, absolutely mad" person, ask them what there name is [although you have probably just been told what it is]. This gives the likes if Colin the idea that they have not made such as big an impact on you as they would have expected. After this [for about ten minutes anyway] take every opportunity to engage them in conversation or asked them things [anything] but always prefix your question with Peter. E.g. "Peter, what's......", "Peter, how.....", etcetera.
The person involved will always correct you on getting their name wrong but never answer your question.
It won't take long before you have them on the back foot and they avoid you like the plague thus saving you from their banal prattle / pranks / jokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home