Saturday, April 08, 2006

Pre-party

Things I don't understand.....
My beloved rolled home the other night [pissed] and clutching the latest copy of QX, a queer mag dealing predominantly with the club scene.
It's quite a while since I last saw QX and it's definitely gone downhill. It seems to be that most of the clubs nights are "pre-party" this, or "after-party" the other.
Now, it's not that often that we go clubbing anymore, pressures of work, mortgage payments, random drug testing at work etc, etc.
The last occasion was just before Christmas, for our birthdays, was the last time we ventured out. We went to Fire, in south London. What a shit-hole. The music was poo, the atmosphere was non-existent and the venue was the worst I've ever been in. Three huge square rooms, nothing else, not even the ubiquitous flashing lights. On their flyer, it was described as being the pre-party for some other "event". Orange, I think [which is basically just another club that opens after this particular one closes].
Call me old fashioned if you want, but my idea of a party is free drink, free drugs, the ability to be able to tell the DJ to "sort the music out, mate" and a lack of door staff mooching around trying to find an excuse to throw you out. Most importantly of all, you don't have to pay to go to a party.
Being a bit out of the club scene, I couldn't really say when the definition of a night on the sniff / drink changed from being a night on the piss to attending a pre / after party. Smacks of the Z list celebrity sort of thing to me.

1 Comments:

Blogger coolbuddha said...

How is dear old QX? Last time I saw a copy it was half full of gentlemen selling favours with pictures of their willies. Or was that House and Home...?
If it is all 'pre' and 'after' party, who is organising the party?

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home