Sunday, March 19, 2006

Nic, Nac, Paddy Wackery

The White Rose of Yorkshire.

St Patricks Day, what a load of old shite! All this faux Paddy Whackery! Most people couldn't pinpoint Ireland on a map! Anyway, it should have been St Kevin [Irish born & bred] not this Welsh import Patrick.
Not that I'm against Paddys day, it's another excuse to have a drink. What I dont get is people being conned into thinking that this is some long-standing tradition in these islands, like the coronation [established in 1700 and somthing].
Paddys day, like halloween / trick or treat, has come about in the past ten years or so, another import from accross the water [USA]. Shit, guy, we'll be driving on the other side of, like, the road, man, if you get my drift, kind of thing, before you can say..... Vietnam War!
By the way, Yorkshire Day is the 1st August. Have your white rose ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

My mother asked me if I was wearing green. I realized I was in orange... OOOPS. Aug. 1rst is my ratty sister's birthday. I am not celebrating anything!

12:00 AM  
Blogger liits said...

Orange is good too! I'm about to post the pics of my B/F's staff taken on paddys day. They are all wearing green but Dave is wearing an orange shirt. And him a good republican catholic boy!
The gist of the Irish flag [green white and orange] is that the green id for the catholics, the orange for the protestants and the white stands for the peace between them. Some fukin hope!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home