Monday, February 25, 2008

Computer problems

I’ve spent the weekend in a bit of a muck-sweat. Somehow or other, my trusty laptop [as opposed to this piece of shit that I’m using] picked up a virus.
As the minutes ticked by, the virus got worse.
As I’m going to the bad-lands of the north [Leeds] this weekend, I wanted to take the laptop with me [it’s a photographic type thing / piss up] and needed it to deal with my camera. With this in mind and combined with my panic, I’d phoned a friend from the IT section at work to see if he could help me out.
This is a man who thinks Lord of the Rings was a documentary and whose internet connection comes through “middle Earth”. “Yeah, no probs, dude, come see me Monday”.
Being the clever sod that I am, the only reason I needed to go and see him was to explain the error of his way in calling me “Dude”. Dude, indeed!
Anyway, the upshot was that I ended up having to “recover” the bloody thing. This means that the machine reverts back to it’s factory settings. All my links have gone as has quite a lot of music. The pics I managed to save to disc.
So with things now resolved, everything now looks Tetley Bitter coloured and fish and chip shaped [as opposed to shit coloured and pear shaped]. Leeds, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home