Monday, January 28, 2008

Notable Dates

For those of you who use Google as your search engine, you probably know that today is the fiftieth anniversary of LEGO. LEGO is a good thing. As a child, it was the only toy I ever had or ever wanted. Actually, that's not true, I did have the odd few cars and board games but I had hoards and hoards of LEGO. Some of it I had inherited from my older brothers but most of it was mine. Thinking about it, some of those bricks which were handed down to me must have been some of the first ones produced.
In turn, I passed it on to my nephew who has since given it to his daughter. Good old LEGO.
To show the versatility of the stuff, somebody has even made a Sidney out of it!








The second "notable" of the day is that it's the saints day of St Thomas Aquinas. Tommy Akkers, the patron saint of novel readers and dart players. Despite going to a school named after him, I have absolutely no idea what he is actually the patron saint of.

Go on Tommy, eighteen, seven, double three to finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home