Monday, January 21, 2008

Reprises and Surprises

It's official, Christmas is canceled. To be more accurate, our Christmas "Do" was cancelled.
I won't say that I'm sorry but it only means that I will have to suffer it at a later date.
That was the good news.
The bad news was that, having been laid in bed for about an hour and finally managing to get off to sleep, the whole building started to shake to the accompaniment of loud bangs.
Knowing that Brooks is a hand-less, heedless twat and can't come through a door without slamming it, I thought it was him. But then that thing in the back of your mind takes over and you think nope, it's not, something is wrong.
I jumped out of bed and looked at the cameras [I have a remove viewer facility for the CCTV on my laptop].
Outside, on the "Lane door" was a large, well dressed but very drunk gentleman doing a good job of shouldering the door.
Instinct takes over at this point and I simultaneously kicked David out of his bed, grabbed my night-stick and phoned the police.
The end result of all of this was that the chap who was doing his damnedest to get into the pub was trying to get into the wrong pub.
On closer inspection, he turned out to be the manager of the pub around the corner.
He arrived this evening to red facedly apologise. I didn't have the heart to tell him how close he came to being severely damaged by my baton wielding skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home