Thursday, January 31, 2008

For Doug

I saw this pic in the London Lite on the way home today;
It's a picture of Sophie Ellis Bextor, sometime chantuse and oft-time baby doll voiced plastic face.
Ms E B [no hyphon] is the new public face of the Childrens Society. As laudable an organisation as this may be, I'm not entirly convinced that it had fallen so far from favour that it needs the likes of S E B to promote it. I would have thought that she was even less well known than they are. Makes you wonder who is clutching at straws the most?
While I don't particularly dislike Ms E B, I dont think I'd rush to stop anybody who wanted to club her to death with my freely available pickaxe handle [no appointment neccessary].
What puzzles me is this, what was the idea behind using hundreds & thousands? If you look closly you can see that that's what she's sitting in. But a cursory glance looks as though the plastic from which her face is constructed , has melted and she is desolving back into her constituent parts.
Here's hoping.


[something is wrong with Blogger and I can't check my spelling so.......sori]

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

I never thought I would see the day... a Sophie pic on your blog!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home