Sunday, May 20, 2007

Holiday Guff

Home sweet home, finally! [more about that later].
I don't have anything to do with booking the holidays, David does all of that, I just go where I'm told to go. Crete, OK, I would have preferred Cuba again but, sadly, no chance.
I'm not such a connoisseur that I can tell one Greek island from another. Crete looks just like Rhodes which looks like Mykonos, except that Mykonos had lots of cute men, so, in theory, we could have been anywhere.
The hotel was one of these "All Inclusive" jobbies which, with the amount that both us us can eat and drink, is ideal. I've posted previously about the problems in the hotel with the Poles so I won't cover that again. I thought I was on to a bit of a winner with the internet connection though. Sadly, It was a bit problematic...
Only in Greece could a man come to fix a computer and bring with him a 2lbs lump hammer to do it!This was above somebody's front door, god only knows how old it was.
In the room above this shop is where Alcoholics Anonymous
hold their meetings [every Monday, 7.30pm].
Gorgeous colour
A mixture of Paris and London. It was actually a clothes shop.
Again, just like London. Apparently it was where somebody
on a scooter hit a lamp post, Ouch!

The essence of a good holiday, drink, cigs and a good read.

A "good read" does not apply to some of the crap that David reads.

But, all good things come to an end and then it was time to come home [which requires a post all of its own].









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home