Monday, May 07, 2007

XXL

Vodka Dave came up with the idea of going to XXL. For all that he is a complete drunk, show-off etc, he is very lacking in self confidence. He's heading towards fifty, quite camp, shaved head to hide the fact that he is balding and quite over weight.

I wasn't keen to go, I don't go clubbing much because I don't like places filled with women, 16 year old prissy queens in Prada tee shirts or hoards of foreign [Spanish, mostly] tourists.

David [my David, not Vodka Dave] then pulled his usual stunt of inviting every fucking half wit in the pub. I managed to un-invite most of them and the end result was that five of us went.

I cannot remember the last time I went clubbing and enjoyed it so much. All the stuff on their website is completely true. No females, no "how fabulous am I?" prissy / hissy queens, no foreign tourists.

The whole concept is aimed at the "larger" gay person. While it wasn't quite a bear-fest, there was absolutely no attitude. Vodka Dave likened it to weight watchers with a bar, drugs and music [and a dark room].

I think I know where I'm going to be spending my Saturday nights.

No hair, no shirts, no 6-packs, no attitude, no women!

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

I can't wait to read this. It's gonna be good. Incidentally, I have read Ellis Peters and I really like them. I also have watched the series and it was great! I also like Michael Jecks. He writes mysteries around the time of the crusades.
I was on Amazon.co.uk and realized that James Patterson is the big bestseller over there as he is here. I think he's crap. I always had this Romantic notion of the English and how they must read better things than we do over here. And then I learn that! My dreams are dashed, my friend. Just dashed!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Amazing! Sounds like something I would have really enjoyed. Too bad I am over here. I definately would have gone!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home