Thursday, May 17, 2007

Table Manners

While sitting in the airport the other day, I was reading in the Daily Mail, an article about people sending their offspring to etiquette classes.
The gist off it was that the little loves were failing miserably at recruitment days because in the lunch interval, when they thought that they were not being assessed, and of course, you still are, it was discovered that a huge chunk of them lacked the basic know how of how to use a knife and fork and other such skills.
Sitting in the restaurant yesterday, if you look around at some of the Brits and their table manners, I can see why some folk would need instruction.
Normally, when it comes to being fed, I'm the first one with my feet in the trough. Some of my co-holiday-makers were not only in the trough up to their elbows but were wielding their eating irons as though they were about to take part in a knife throwing act!
I was always lead to understand that there was only one way to hold a knife and fork and, really there are not that many possibilities to doing so. Think again! I goes to show how many people either normally eat with their hands or doing things "Sidney style" just lick food straight from the plate.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home