Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Chocolate

After mentioning chocolate the other day I felt compelled to write some more. I also felt compelled to eat some more so I've just had a Yorkie and half a pack of Blue Ribband.
As much as I love chocolate, there are certain types that I don't eat. Not won't eat, but if the option is there then I wouldn't pick them myself.
Below are my fave's.
As a rule, I wouldn't eat anything that's Galaxy. Far tooooooo much like candle wax. Nor would I eat Crunchie. and never, never, ever would I eat Toblerone, turds formed into triangles.
Many moons ago I read a book called Billy by Whitley Strieber. A brilliant book about a boy who is kidnapped. The one thought that keeps him going is of a Butterfinger. This being some kind of American confection, I didn't know what sort of a beast it was.
Well, on my first trip to the good old US of A, a Butterfinger was well high up on my shopping list. UUUUGH! like a Crunchie only worse [and with some sickly chocolate "flavored" coating, as opposed to your actual chocolate.
Also in the same shopping basket was the ubiquitous Hershey Bar. Well, all I can say is that when all those GI's were handing out Hershey Bars to the poor, sweet rationed, kids over here in WW2, they must have been gagging because it's the only way you could possible eat the bloody stuff! And even then it makes you gag. It's the most un-natural, chemical tasting think second only to taking an E.
Back to the Brit chocolate. I don't hold with Cadbury putting all these different things in their chocolate. Biscuits, mint, orange, etc, etc. Nor should Nestle [or Nessels, as it used to be pronounced, remember "# Nessels Milky Bar", it was never "Nestlay"] be tinkering around with the flavor of Kit Kat. It's taken me all these years to get over them changing the shape.
Chocolate should taste of chocolate. If you want something to taste of mint, brush your teeth!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott E D said...

I know it's sad what passes for chocolate in the US. It's because the food law's are different here. The chocolate dosen't actully need to have milk in it, hence the horrible chemical flavor.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home