Friday, September 12, 2008

Light in the daftness


The BBC has a lot t answer for.
Last Sunday, the beeb showed Joanna Lumley going to the far end of the world [Norway] to see the Northern Lights.
Byron was very taken with the idea of the Northern Lights.
"Have you ever seen the Aurora Borealis?" he asked.
Actually, I have. I'd seen them, many years ago, in Inverness.

"Yes" I replied.
Admittedly, from Inverness, they are not as brilliant as they are from the likes of,say, Tromso, but, seen them I have.
I don't think that I can recall a TV program having such an impact on somebody as this one did.
To that end, I came home from work on Tuesday to find that he'd booked flights from London to Tomso in February, the 14th, to be exact, to go and see the Northern Lights.
Average temperature [during the day] -4'
Average temperature [at night, when out looking at the Aurora Borealis] -20'

2 Comments:

Blogger Hobbit's Journal said...

Nice to see you're still blogging, sorry it's been a while since I popped by!

2:15 PM  
Blogger The Fatalist said...

I caught a bit of that programme, and almost threw up! 'Oh thank you, you, thank you..' For fuck sake love, just say you like the lights! I reckon they only sent her up into the snow so she wouldn't catch the men in the white coats sneaking up on her...

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home