Monday, August 25, 2008

Sporting Stupidity

I'm incensed! Soccer Aid indeed. The gist of this crap is that the England Football Team play a team from the "rest of the world". The "rest of the world" seems to mean some bunch of Z List celebrities culled from the payroll of ITV.
Doubtless, this will mean four hours of shite on TV covering a game that only lasts 90 minutes.
I can think of certain places that are already planning a charity nights in support of this old tosh.
I could take them by the throat and shake them!
Don't the people who attend [and thus, support] this kind of event, realise that if the persons involved in kicking the ball around were to donate a weeks "wages", the charity concerned [UNICEF] would gain more money than they otherwise would.
Harsh as it may seem, I'd rather see the same old kids shoving their distended bellies towards the camera than see the same old arseholes in football shirts shoving their beer bellies towards the camera while attempting to berate the rest of us for not donating to Soccer Aid 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

This is the same way I feel about Basketball! The salaries are outrageous. I was SO hoping the USA would not take the gold in the Olympics. I hate that sport! I guess it is nice that they are trying to do something for charity, but you are right. They could make less or charge less for tickets so the middle class does not have to shell out so much to see them. But, it seems like professional sports are here to stay.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home