Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ladies Apparel II

Over the years I’ve seen quite a few gruesome things. Thus, not much revolts me.
This morning I was booked I to attend a training course in south London. Getting to Lambeth from Hampstead is quite easy, no changes on the tube, on at one end, off at the other. The only cloud on the horizon being Wednesday night. Wednesday night is quiz night and usually entails having a few drinks [a euphemism for getting drunk] following on from this, Thursday mornings generally dawn with a glowing hangover.
I knew that I was going to feel like shit so I settled down to the journey with a comforting read of the Metro. Having dispatched that, I was left to undertake the perennial “underground stare”. Having stared for only a few seconds I noticed one of the over-window adverts.
An innovative alternative to tampons
"3 days after using my mooncup for the first time and I want to tell the world what they are missing out on! I keep forgetting I'm even on my period! I was dubious at first but now I love it and am never letting it go! thank you sooo much! I'm telling as many as possible, I have posted a thread on the forum I regularly visit, and am telling all my friends. More people should know about this, I want them to know it's possible to actually enjoy having a period!"
Now I’m not a prude, but when confronted by “feminine hygiene” at 7.30 in the morning, combined with the hang-over from hell…..
Pass the sick bag!
It seems to be my luck that on the occasions I watch the TV, I’m confronted by either things with wings / strings [and neither of them are anything to do with Paul McCartney] or else some kind of bodily fluid preventative.
Is there to be no end to this? How long will it be before we have Joanna Lumley smiling at us while disclosing that she’s actually having a dump?
Should your stomach permit, you can read more here; Things that gentlemen shouldn't see!

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

oooooh. I think Sophie Ellis Bextor should totally do the ads for the mooncup. We could use a snippet from one of her hits! Then you could see her AND the mooncup at once!

1:45 AM  
Blogger cookie monster said...

You know, I think I can relate to your anguish. I find it hard even being in the same aisle in Tescos as the Tampons. Not that I need them obviously....

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home