Sunday, April 22, 2007

Jumping on the band waggon

Ok, seeing as how lots of people are blogging about what they're reading, I may as well throw my hat in the ring [don't worry Doug, I'm not taking the piss!]I've had the book sitting around for a few months and have finally gotten around to reading it. It's not bad but it leaves aside lots of info to concentrate on Glen Miller [and not the why and wherefore of him going missing] so it's not really on the conspiracy theory trick, and then moves joltingly on to how some of the aircraft crew were shot down over france and ended up running the Marquise, the french [with a small f] resistance.
The more I read, the more angry I get. I don't like the french or even the whole idea of their country. I'm a revisionist historian at heart and believe that if, as every frenchman claims, that his relatives were in the resistance, the whole bloody country wouldn't have dropped to it's collective knees twice within a generation.
As I've nearly finished it, I may as well plough on the the end.
Wicked Beyond Belief sits waiting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

See what I have started now! I have to get blogging today. I just finished another one. You seem to like to read non-fiction! I wish I read more non fiction but I am a crime thriller reader at heart. I guess I could branch off to true crime.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home