Thursday, April 19, 2007

Book Club

This is for Doug who tells us all about what he is reading......
Back in November I was invited to join the book club. I had been invited back in July but had cried off because I'm quite "funny" about what I read.
I was finally persuaded by being told that if I didn't like what that particular fortnights book was, I didn't have to read it.
Just as well, really.
There is not one book that has been suggested that I would have used for toilet paper, never mind have wasted time reading!
I'm sorry but all this "modern writing, how it is in my mind"shit just doesn't work for me. I have my own messed up thoughts, I don't need to have some other pricks implanted / imposed on me.
Booker / Whitbread prize, my arse. I quit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

That's why I just tell you what I am reading! You don't have to read it! Besides, I really don't watch TV. I would rather read than do that, so I miss what all the other moron Americans are watching. (who cares who wins American Idol!) But I agree, maybe a book club is not for you...

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home