Monday, April 09, 2007

Asking the question

[Another Boat Race Day story] Another one of the crowd who was at the BRD party had the bottle to ask me what happened to my ear. It's not that noticeable bit it can be a bit obvious, especially if viewed from behind. "I don't like to ask it's just that my son has an "iffy" ear, and I wondered how you got yours".
Apparently, his was caused by having his motorbike helmet ripped of in an accident where as mine was done in a fight.
Her son had his ear "sorted" in the same hospital, Mount Vernon, as I did. The difference being that when he was offered the option of having a chunk of cartilage removed from his chest, plus a bit of skin from his arse to make a new ear he took it. I didn't.
I have the hairiest arse in the world and I didn't relish the prospect of having big black hairs sprouting from the top of my ears.
From what she said, he had the same problem as I did, in as much as he arrived at A&E with his ear in ice and was roundly bollocked by the staff for doing so. According to current medical doctoring, you should put any loose bits in milk, putting them in ice freezes, and thus, damages them. So, remember children, the next time a piece of you comes off, don't pack it in ice, or it will need to be microwaved before it can be stuck back on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home