Saturday, March 17, 2007

Old TV

I bought a few things from RareTV.com this week. Funny how you remember things as being great when you watched them [years ago] then when you see them again, they're crap. Here is what I bought;
The Tripods [series 2]. Now I remember the tripods, it was shown early evening Saturdays. I don't remember a second series. Probably because it was so crap, and boy, is it crap.
The Clifton House Mystery. One of those Sunday tea-time series for which the BBC was justly famous. Not a bad watch but not quite top notch. [I thought It had Dominick Taylor in it, It didn't]
A Day Out. Alan Bennett's first TV outing. very good.
Our Day Out. A Willy Russell "Play For Today" Good, but not quite as good as I remember.
I think that considering that each disc was only £7, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'm still waiting on one series, Johnny Jarvis. It was shown in 1982 and was shown in the early days of Channel 4. It's never been repeated. It never did much when first shown because it was shown in the same slot that BBC2 was showing The Young Ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home