Monday, December 19, 2005

Eyes Down [Under] For A Full House

Boy, do I get conned into doing some crap jobs. Today was helping out at an old dears luncheon club Christmas party. That in itself was fine. Being asked to do the bingo calling after was, well, questionable.
Having done the business so to speak, one old dear came up to me and said
"Oooh, hansome, you're a smashing caller, I love Australians"
"So do I" [but I didn't elaborate any further]
"Which part are you from?"
"Leeds, originaly"
"Is that in New South Wales?"
"No, old West Yorkshire"
"Eh? Not Australia?"
"No love, sorry"
and off she went. I've been called a few things in my time but never and Aussie. I wonder if I should feel insulted?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Blind-Winger Jones said...

It could have been worse, she could have thought you were from Huddersfield ;-)

Just stumbled across your blog. Nice work !

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home