Saturday, December 31, 2005

Coming To Things Late In Life.


This post refers to things on TV. I tend not to watch much TV. I was a captive audience for it for years when I was in NI and grew to hate the bloody thing. Thinking about my tastes in TV shows now, I can see how things sort of grow on you.
I'm thinking particularly of Bo' Sellecta. The first time I saw it it was just the briefest of glimpses because I hated it instantly.
"Who's this tallentless cunt with the "Leeds" face? Turn it off!"
Little did I know that he is from Leeds. David.... somthing his name [the other bit, Merrion, is named after the Merrion Centre in Leeds, a real concrete 1970's horror]. Not only from Leeds but from the Halton Moor area. It's not only rough but fukin' DOG ROUGH. The bits you see in the Touch of Frost series' when they portray the "East Deane Estate" are filmed around the Halton Moor area.
Anyway, I've taken to watching this of late, and quite good it is too! I especial like the piss takes of Craig David. A REAL tallentless cunt!
Thinking about it I was the same with The Young Ones. When it first kicked off, around 1982, I never watched it. It was on BBC2 at 9.00pm but on ITV was a series called Johnny Jarvis. It was the bollox where as, I thought The Young Ones was the biggest load of shite....
Well, Johnny Jarvis has never been repeated and I now own The Young Ones on DVD.
It was the same with Blackadder. I hated Rowan Atkinson [and still do] but as with The Young Ones, own it on DVD too.
For a trip down memory lane, try this link to http://tv.cream.org. It keeps me amused for hours..... "OOOH, I remember that!!!"
I wonder how long it will be before I start wanting to buy back copies of Eastenders?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home