Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Racist, realist, revisionist, historical.


I'm no more of a racist than your average white Anglo-Saxon supremacist. I'm patriotic to the point of being jingoistic, and I hate apologists.

I've just been looking for something about the Dambusters, and almost the first thing I found was from some cockhead passing comment on the name that Wing Commander Guy Gibson VC gave to his dog.

The dog's name was NIGGER. He called it Nigger because it was black. Now, every time the film is shown on the TV, it's edited so that the dog's name is never mentioned. Nigger was also the codeword which Gibson would radio back to bomber command to let them know that the dams had been destroyed. That now edited out too.

I'm now beginning to wonder when all the cowboy / western films that were churned out by Hollywood will be revised to remove all reference to Red Indian's or Indian's and you will find the likes of John Wayne's voice overdubbed to say "The hell I will, I'm gonna go shoot me some native North Americans / indigenous population", in the way the Will Smith saying motherfucker is overdubbed with mellon farmer on the BBC.

Come to that, how long will it be before Nigger's grave has its headstone removed and replaced with something more politically correctLife is supposed to imitate art. Film making being an art [allegedly] can we fully expect to be running around calling people nigger, in the near future? I think not. It's more likely to imitate art in the way of literature, especially in the guise of George Orwell's 1984 where millions of people are employed in constantly re-writing history to erase what actually happened and replacing it with a new updated version.

1 Comments:

Blogger mutikonka said...

Well if you miss it that much here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5rtj_gh4k

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home