Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lost


As I've said before, I'm not much of a telly watcher. There are occasions when I feel I may have missed something, not the cultural event like a coronation or something of that order but I do get the feeling that I've missed out when everybody you talk to is transfixed by something on the TV and I've not seen it.
"Lost" was one such occasion. Not any more! One of our New Year guests was in a hell of a rush to get home to set the video to tape the whole of the first series which was being shown on E4 or MORE 4 or some such. Having ascertained that I'd not seen any of it he was at some pains to emphasize that I should blow the whole day watching it. Well, he's just called in and left me a copy of the whole series which he's burned to DVD.
I must admit that I did sit down to watch it on New Years Day. I must have watched all of five minutes and turned it off. What a load of old crap. I hate these mega-series which have no plot, crap acting and are enigmatic only because if they told the story straight-up, it could be distilled down to a not too bad half hour show. Inspector Morse and Twin Peaks being the same type of guff.
Knowing how big an impact Lost has had on his viewing enjoyment I haven't the heart to tell Fabs that I have no intention of watching it, I'll con David into watching it and will have to "mug-up" on the salient points later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

mjug

4:02 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Sorry, I was telling you how I love Lost, and really don't watch any TV but that and Desperate Housewives, that I download on Itunes to avoid commercials. Then for some reason the code I have to type in ended up in the comment box and I typed Mjug... Hmmmm.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home